The Texas City Independent School District Board of Trustees is currently searching for an outstanding educator and administrator to serve as Superintendent of Schools. The current superintendent, Dr. Cynthia Lusignolo, has announced her retirement effective June 30, 2017. The Board has contracted with School Executive Consulting, Inc. to conduct the search.
Texas City ISD Snapshot
Texas City ISD has 14 schools and nearly 9,000 students in 78.31 square miles of La Marque and Texas City. The District grew by nearly one third of its population with the annexation of La Marque ISD into Texas City ISD on July 1, 2016.The Texas City and La Marque communities are located in Galveston County, approximately 44 miles south of Houston and 14 miles north of Galveston Island.The school district is comprised of two high schools, one industrial trades center, two middle schools, one intermediate school, five elementary schools, two early childhood centers and one alternative education campus.Read more about our district here.
Texas City ISD students continue to excel in standardized testing and academic programs. The most recent state STAAR exams show TCISD students meeting or outperforming students across the state. View the Texas City ISD 2015-16 TAPR. La Marque schools were still operating under LMISD until June 30, 2016. View the former La Marque ISD 2015-16 TAPR.
Texas City ISD operates within a general fund budget of $80.2 million and debt service budget of $12.1 million. The school district tax rate is $1.4405 ($1.17 M&O and $0.2705 I&S). The community supported passage of a 13 cent tax ratification election (TRE) in 2015 and a $122.5 million bond proposal in 2008.
Texas City ISD consistently receives a Superior Achievement rating for finances. View the 2016-17 School FIRST report.
Working with School Executive Consulting, Inc., the Board of Trustees has laid out a timeline for interviewing and ultimately hiring a new superintendent of schools. The timeline below highlights the milestones in the superintendent search as identified by the Board.
- School board discusses transition process and selection of superintendent search firm.
- School board selects School Executive Consulting, Inc. to conduct the superintendent search.
- State and national promotion of open position commences inviting nominations of outstanding candidates from across the country.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2017
- School board meets with search firm to identify interview candidates.
- School board conducts candidate interviews.
- School board finalist(s) for position of superintendent of schools.
- Begin 21-day period for official employment and contract execution.
- School board approves employment contract.
- New superintendent assumes position.