On May 5, 2018, 70 percent of the voters approved a $136.1 million school bond referendum for Texas City ISD.
IBI Group is the contracted architecture firm for each of the four new schools. TCISD administrators, staff and personnel attended numerous design meetings and provided IBI with all the necessary input and direction as part of the Design Committee during both the Schematic Design Phase and the Design Development Phase. Their involvement and guidance has been critical to the success of the project.
The new Hayley Elementary and Simms Elementary opened in August 2021 and Guajardo Elementary opened in January 2022. he new La Marque Middle School, which has been renamed Sarah Giles Middle School, is open for students in August 2022.
Don Pursley (e-mail)
Director of Maintenance & New Facilities
- Jimmy Hayley Elementary Front Exterior
- Guajardo Elementary Front Exterior
- Simms Elementary Front Exterior
- Elementary Cafeteria
- Elementary Gymatorium
- Elementary Instructional Flex Space
- Elementary Interior Hallway
- Elementary Library
- Giles Middle School Front Exterior
- Giles MS Front Exterior 2
- Giles MS Interior 1
- Giles MS Interior 2