When voters approved the bond, they approved Technology enhancements district-wide including:
- One laptop for every student in grades 7-12 (additional funding during the pandemic allowed for all grades now to be 1:1)
- Increased the number of Wireless Access Points throughout TCISD
- Update Network Hardware
- Primary areas of focus in the new construction:
- All new construction will have cabling in all buildings, Aruba HP switches, racks and distribution frames.
- All new construction will have updated wireless capability campus-wide with a series of Aruba access point to support future 1:1 efforts.
- Classroom Tools
- 65 inch 10 Point Clear Touch Boards that can work as a stand-alone presentation unit or work in combination with a PC.
- Document cameras
- Hardware Needs
- Hardware upgrades: New PCs, printers, etc.
- Bell/Announcement Systems: Digital and Internet based
A complete listing of expenses is available for Technology Bond Projects.