Enrollment & Registration
Enrolling your child in TCISD
During the School Year
Registration will take place on each individual campus. Parents are asked to contact their school office to make an appointment. Campus office hours vary by school. If you are unsure about which school your child should attend, please call the Transportation Office at 409-916-0140.
Parents need to provide the following documents when registering their children for school:
- Enrolling parent’s or guardian’s current photo identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Two proofs of residency within the school attendance zone.
- Homeownership or current signed lease listing student’s name;
- A gas, electric, cable, water or home telephone bill from the last 30 days
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate or other document suitable as proof of the child’s identity.
- Child’s immunization record.
- Copy of records from school most recently attended by your child. If you have the withdrawal form from your child’s previous school, please supply that for enrollment also.
- Copy of child’s Social Security card (optional).
When you move within the district, the TCISD requires that you re-submit proof of residency to the school office. Proof of address can be in the forms listed on the right.
Back to School 2018-19
Aug. 9 and 8 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. or Aug. 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Calvin Vincent. Visit the Pre-K website for more details. Pre-K is full-day and bus transportation is available.
We are continuing to register students online through August 16, 2018, as long as they were enrolled in TCISD on the last day of school for the 2017-18 school year.
Registration for all students not already registered by Aug. 2 will take place at your child's school Aug. 15-17.
- Aug. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aug. 16 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please visit your child's school during the designated registration times. Registration will not take place Aug. 13 and 14 due to staff development. Any campus altering this district schedule is responsible for notifying parents.
Due to location moves, please call La Marque Primary (409-935-3020) and La Marque Elementary (409-908-5100) before going to register.
NOTE: Students who are not registered by August 17 will not be admitted to class. On the first two days of school (August 20 & 21) no students will be registered at each campus, but will have to go to the Blocker gym or LMHS competition gym between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Mc Kinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act 42 U.S.C. 11432 (g)(3)(c) requires the immediate enrollment of children and youth experiencing homelessness, even in the absence of records normally required for enrollment such as school records, medical records, proof of residency or other documentation. If you have questions or concerns, please contact TCISD Homeless Liaison, Rita Baldwin at (409) 916-0845. Click here for additional enrollment/school selection information.