The Texas City Independent School District recognizes the importance of the role of the substitute teacher in the total educational program. As a substitute teacher, the function is to assist in minimizing the interruption in the students learning activities occasioned by the absence of the regular teacher. Inspire, encourage and help make the dream work for TCISD's students. We are seeking qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers for this school year.
- A minimum of sixty (60) semester hours of college (and original college transcripts).
- Provide verification of teacher certification if certified out of state. The Human Resource office has access to the Texas Education Agency for Texas Teacher Certificate information for status of Texas certification and verification.
- Provide verification of teacher certification if certified out of state.
- Completion of online Substitute Training with Frontline Education Professional Growth (You must be set up for log-in by the Human Resources Specialist for Substitutes) OR Completion of TCISD substitute orientation held in August.
- Completion of Safe Schools online training.
- Clearance of Criminal History check
- Clearance of fingerprinting
- Identification Badge (obtained through the Technology office)
- Possess a touch-tone telephone as required by the sub-calling automated system known as AESOP.
- The following links contain valuable information on how to become a substitute teacher, district policy, and other useful information once you become a substitute.
(409)916-0100 Ext. 1100 or email@example.com