Texas City ISD collects our own school taxes. For questions, contact the Tax Office at 409-916-0153.
Patricia Collins, RTA, CSTA, Tax Assessor/Collector (E-Mail)
- Current Tax Rate
- Former La Marque ISD Tax Payers
- Online Payment & eStatement Requests
- Mailed Payments & Remittance
- Paying in Person
- Drop Box Location for Payments
- Important Payment Details
- Online Portfolio
- Questions regarding Values, Exemptions, etc.
- Taxpayers with Mortgage Company or Agent
- Taxpayers w/ Homestead, Over 65 or Disabled Veterans Exemptions
- Special Dates
You can view your property tax statement online for Texas City ISD. You can also pay your taxes on the same website with a credit card.
Credit/Debit Card or eCheck payments are processed by third party, Govolution. They process credit card, branded debit card payments, and eChecks and charge a non-refundable convenience fee.
Notice to eCheck users: If bank account information is incorrectly submitted, funds are insufficient or E-check is returned for ANY reason, you will be charged a $25 returned item fee.
Request an eStatement online. If an eStatement is requested, paper statements will not be distributed unless a request has been made in writing to cancel eStatement. eStatements must be updated only with email address changes.
Texas City I.S.D. Tax Office
P.O. Box 1150
Texas City, TX 77592-1150
*Include the account number on your check or money order.
***FOR RECEIPT, SEND A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH MAILED PAYMENT***
Important Information: We honor U.S. Postal Service Postmarks for mailed payments and the date of pickup by over night service provider for timeliness. Metered mail dates will not be considered.
On December 31, January 31, or any last day of the month, we may suggest that you walk your payment into the Post Office to insure a valid postmark.
There is a Payment Drop Box located at the Simpson Education Support Center. The silver drop box is secure for your payments being made by check. Please do not put cash in the drop box. The silver drop box is located behind the right column near the front door.
***FOR RECEIPT, SUPPLY A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH DROPPED PAYMENT***
Return Item Fee: $25.00 Charge for any item presented for payment that is returned unpaid for ANY reason.
Notice to E-Check users: If bank account information is incorrectly submitted, funds are insufficient or returned for ANY reason for an E-Check payment, you will be charged a $25 returned item fee.
***PARTIAL PAYMENTS AVAILABLE, CALL THE TAX OFFICE FOR DETAILS***
If your mortgage company or agent requested your 2018 statement, a copy of your 2018 statement will be sent to the requesting mortgagee or agent and a BRIGHT YELLOW owner statement to you in October 2018. If you have an escrow with a mortgage company or agent, you should contact your Mortgage Company or agent to be sure they requested and received the 2018 statement.
If you DO NOT have a mortgage escrow, the taxes indicated on the 2018 statement are due and owing and should be paid on or before January 31, 2019 to avoid penalties and interest.
Taxpayers with a Homestead Exemption AND an Over 65 or Disabled Person, or Disabled Veterans Exemption may pay their 2018 taxes in four(4) installments as described below:
1) TAXPAYER MUST NOTIFY THE TAX OFFICE IN WRITING OR BY NOTING ON THE CHECK "1/4 INSTALLMENT PAYMENT" and
2) MAKE PAYMENTS BY THE SCHEDULE BELOW:
- 1st payment 1/4 OF BASE TAX ON or BEFORE JANUARY 31
- 2nd payment 1/4 OF BASE TAX ON or BEFORE MARCH 31
- 3rd payment 1/4 OF BASE TAX ON or BEFORE MAY 31
- 4th payment 1/4 OF BASE TAX ON or BEFORE JULY 31
NOTE: IF ANY 1/4 INSTALLMENT PAYMENT IS LATE, A PENALTY OF 6% + 1% INTEREST PER MONTH WILL BE ADDED TO THE PAYMENT [SECTION 33.01 OF THE TEXAS PROPERTY TAX CODE].
- Thanksgiving Holiday: CLOSED, Monday-Friday, November 19th thru November 25th 2018
- Christmas Holiday: CLOSED, Thursday, December 20, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - Friday, January 4, 2019
- NOTE: Payments received in person or in the night drop box or post marked January 7, 2019 are posted as December 2018
- Spring Break: CLOSED, Monday-Friday, March 11-15, 2019
- Summer Hours: June & July - OPEN 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday