WELCOME to GUAJARDO!!!
Home of the Singing Eagles: Get ready to experience the excitement and beauty of music with Quaver’s Marvelous World of Music. Your children will learn about music through videos, games, listening examples, instruments, and singing!
- Come with an open mind and open ears!!!
- The more we practice the better we get!!!
Quote of the Month:
“Music is the arithmetic of sounds as optics is the geometry of light.” Claude Debussy
Music Programs - Letters will be sent home several weeks in advance to notify you of your child's grade level music program. There will be a portion of the letter for you to return that indicates whether your child will attend the performance or not. Please fill it out and return it to school as quickly as possible.
Fine Arts Field Trips - Permission slips will be sent home at least 3 weeks in advance. Please fill out the form and return the form to school with the ticket money. All grade levels will eat lunch in the cafeteria after they return to school.
Honor Choir - Honor Choir consists of selected third and fourth grade students who audition at the beginning of the school year. The Honor Choir will perform at all off-campus events. The Honor Choir has rehearsal every Monday from 3:45-4:30PM in the music room. The choir will not rehearse during school holidays.
Quaver's Marvelous World of Music - Here is the information for registering your child on the Quaver website. Quaver is the on-line music curriculum used by the elementary schools in Texas City ISD. The curriculum consists of videos, songs, games, and assessments that are used during class time, and it also allows students to register on the website to access some of the resources at home. Quaver can be accessed from any computer that is connected to the internet and is free to use. To access the games and activities students need to do the following:
- Go to the following website: www.quavermusic.com.
- Create a username and password (the username should not be their actual name)
- Type in a valid email address for password recovery (optional)
- Type in the correct Quaver code for their grade level (see below)
- Log-in using the created username and passwordEach grade level has their own Quaver Code. This code allows me to monitor how many students in each grade level utilize the at home features. The Quaver Codes or each homeroom teacher are listed in Canvas.
Address: 2300 21st Street N, Texas City, TX 77590
Room: (409) 916-0345
Main: (409) 916-0300
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:45-3:45
Conference Period: 8:30-9:00 & 12:45-1:15