Architecture and Construction
Architecture and Construction Courses at TCHS are as follows:
- Principles of Architecture
- Architectural Design I, II
- Practicum in Architectural Design
- Extended Practicum in Architectural Design
- Principles of Construction (Carpentry) - ITC
- Principles of Construction (Electrical) - ITC
- Construction Management I, II - ITC
- Electrical Technology I, II - ITC
- 2D/3D Modeling Certification
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Auto-CAD Certification
Course descriptions for Architecture and Construction can be found on page 91 of the Course Planning Guide.
Students enrolling in courses at the Industrial Trades Center (ITC) are required to consent to the Drug-Testing Program.
Architecture and Design students competed in SkillsUSA Texas State Competition in Corpus Christi April 4th-7th, 2019.
The following students placed:
Chapter Project – Architecture Model “Johnson/Burgee Skyscrapers in Houston, Texas”.
Blue Ribbon - Superior State
Perfect score 100 out of 100
Front Left-Right: Skye Wooley, Daniella Rico, Gilbert Garcia, Brayan Silva Guerrero.Back Left-Right: Rolando Ceballos, Oscar Gamboa Pinero, Adrieanna Brown, Derrick Lewis, Stephanie Evans.
Employability Test - Gold Medal - Gilbert Garcia
Employability Test - Silver Medal - Daniella Rico
Employability Test - Silver Medal - Derrick Lewis
Employability Test - Silver Medal - Adrieanna Brown
Employability Test - Silver Medal - Stephanie Evans
Employability Test - Bronze Medal - Oscar Gamboa Pinero
Employability Test - Bronze Medal - Skye Wooley