English/Language Arts classes offered at TCHS are as follows:
- English I, II, III, IV
- Pre-AP English I, II
- AP English Language & Composition (English III), AP English Literature & Composition (English IV)
- Dual Credit: English 1301 - Composition & Rhetoric I, English 1302 - Composition and Rhetoric II
- Integrated Reading and Writing
- College Readiness & Study Skills
- Intro to Humanities
- Creative Writing
- Literary Genre: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Literature
- Visual Media Analysis and Production
- Debate I, II, III
- Oral Interpretation
FUTURE PROBLEM SOLVING
- Future Problem Solving I, II, III
Course descriptions for English/Language Arts can be found on page 47 of the Texas City High School 2019-2020 Course Planning Guide.
- The student will have one opportunity to improve any cumulative test or project grade 69 or below.
- This will be accomplished by completing a test or project covering the same objective/skill.
- After the original test is returned to the student, the student will have “two school days” to request the reassessment. The student must return the original graded test to the teacher.
- The due date for the assignment or the retake of the test will be determined by the teacher.
- The higher grade of the two “tests/projects” will be recorded with a passing grade of 70 being the maximum number of points earned. (example: if a student receives a grade of 70 or above on the retake, a grade of 70 will be recorded)
- Secondary Grading Guidelines