Fine Arts courses offered at TCHS are:
- Art I: Foundations of Art and Design I
- Ceramic and Sculpture II, III
- Drawing and Painting II, III
- Advanced Art I, II, III, IV
- AP Art: Drawing Portfolio
- AP Art: Two-Dimensional Design Portfolio
- AP Art: Three-Dimensional Design Portfolio
- Photography and Graphic Art I, II, III
- Concert Band I, II, III, IV
- Symphonic Band I, II, III, IV
- Wind Ensemble I, II, III, IV
- Jazz Band I, II, III, IV
- Mariachi Class I, II, III, IV
- Color Guard I, II, III, IV
- Non-Varsity Women's Chorale I, II, III, IV
- Men's Chorale I, II, III, IV
- Master Chorale I, II, III, IV
- The Soundsations Show Choir I, III, III, IV
- Varsity Women's Choir I, II, III, IV
- Sweet Adelines I, II, III, IV
- Dance I, II, III, IV
- Stingarettes I, II, III, IV
- Stingarettes Officer I, II
- Theatre Arts I, II, III, IV
- Advanced Improvisational Theatre I, II, III
- Musical Theatre I, II, III, IV
- Technical Theatre I, II, III, IV
- Theatre Production I, II, III, IV
Fine Arts CTE Course
- Principles and Elements of Floral Design
Course descriptions for Fine Arts courses offered can be found on page 73 of the Texas City High School 2019-2020 Course Planning Guide.
- The student will have one opportunity to improve any cumulative test or project grade 69 or below.
- This will be accomplished by completing a test or project covering the same objective/skill.
- After the original test is returned to the student, the student will have “two school days” to request the reassessment. The student must return the original graded test to the teacher.
- The due date for the assignment or the retake of the test will be determined by the teacher.
- The higher grade of the two “tests/projects” will be recorded with a passing grade of 70 being the maximum number of points earned. (example: if a student receives a grade of 70 or above on the retake, a grade of 70 will be recorded)
- Secondary Grading Guidelines