Social Studies courses offered at TCHS are as follows:
- World Geography Studies
- AP Human Geography
- World History Studies
- AP World History
- United States History Studies since 1877
- AP United States History
- United States Government
- AP US Government and Politics
- Economics (Free Enterprise System & its Benefits)
- HIST 1301 - US History I
- HIST 1302 - US History II
- GOVT 2305 - Federal Governments
- ECON 2301 - Macroeconomics
- PSYC 2301 - Intro to Psychology I
- PSYC 2308 - Child Growth and Development
- SOCI 1301 - Intro to Sociology
- AP Art History
- AP European History
- Personal Financial Literacy
Course descriptions for Social Studies courses offered can be found on page 65 of the Texas City High School 2019-2020 Course Planning Guide.
- The student will have one opportunity to improve any cumulative test or project grade 69 or below.
- This will be accomplished by completing a test or project covering the same objective/skill.
- After the original test is returned to the student, the student will have “two school days” to request the reassessment. The student must return the original graded test to the teacher.
- The due date for the assignment or the retake of the test will be determined by the teacher.
- The higher grade of the two “tests/projects” will be recorded with a passing grade of 70 being the maximum number of points earned. (example: if a student receives a grade of 70 or above on the retake, a grade of 70 will be recorded)
- Secondary Grading Guidelines