From Mr. Hypolite’s desk
The administrative staff has made a decision cancel PROM for Texas City High School that was previously scheduled for July 18th. Due to the ratio of students to teachers currently recommended by the CDC and the Texas Education Agency, we don’t feel confident we would be able to ensure the safety of our students as well as our staff. Over the last few days the number of cases have drastically increased and we feel this is the best course of action at this time. TCHS will provide refund information next week. Thank you and have a Stingaree weekend!
Single Door Tickets
In order to attend the Prom 2020, Seniors must meet the following criteria:
- 19+ credits to be classified as a senior.
- No fees or fines owed to TCHS as of May 1
- Seniors cannot be in ISS, OSS or DAEP the week of Prom.
- Seniors cannot be on an attendance contract the week of Prom.
- All credit recovery work must be completed by May 1.
Guests of TCHS Seniors
TCHS guests must have completed all attendance recovery hours to be eligible to attend with Grade Level AP approval.
Seniors who wish to bring a guest who is not currently enrolled at TCHS must fill out an approval form with a photo driver's license or ID and return by May 1 to Mrs. Byrd in A107.
- If criteria for seniors and their guests are not met, tickets will be voided and refunds will NOT be given.
- All attendees of prom must be within the age range of 14-20 years of age.
- All social event criteria apply to Prom. See page 34 of the Student Handbook.
Thanks to the generous donations of people in our community, we have gently used Prom attire available for young men and women in need. Please see Mrs. Cash if you are in need of Prom attire so you can pick something from Cinderella's Closet. Cinderella's Closet has beautiful dresses, suits, shoes and even limited jewelry and accessories. We don't want anyone to miss out!