Texas City ISD began virtual instruction on Aug. 24, 2020, for all students. Face-to-face instruction began on Sept. 14 for those that choose that option.
COVID Task Force
A COVID Task Force made up of parents, community, board members, teachers, staff, and administrators have put together a Reopening Plan. This document could change based on current state and federal mandates, recommendations and guidance.
View and download the plan at the link below.
Weekly COVID-19 Report
It is best to keep your child home if they are experiencing any of these symptoms:
Students who come to school and report any of the symptoms listed above will be sent home per CDC guidelines and must follow the proper protocol to return. This means they will be out for up to 10 days.
- How will remote/virtual learning work?
- Will the district be providing laptops for students for virtual learning? When can we get them?
- If parents choose the remote/virtual option, can they transfer their student back to face-to-face learning? How will that affect the 15:1 ratio?
- If I do not want my child to attend school for safety reason and they are not progressing academically through virtual learning, what supports will be provided?
- How will remote/virtual learning in 2020-21 be different from online learning at the end of the 2019-20 school year?
- Why is the district requiring students who choose remote/virtual instruction to follow a schedule? Why can’t it be flexible like the spring so that working parents can teach their kids when they get home from work?
- If we indicate our students will do face-to-face learning, will they start virtual instruction with the same teacher they will have in the classroom?
- What happens if a student doesn't participate in the first three weeks of online instruction before school resumes face-to-face?
- If a parent chooses remote/virtual instruction for their students, will they still be able to participate in extracurricular activities?
- Will students still have specials if they attend school on campus?
- Will remote/virtual learners be required to come to campus at any point during the school year?
- Will extracurricular activities, such as band and athletics, be offered? If so, will they be offered every day?
- How will Special Education/Speech services be provided if students choose remote/virtual instruction?
- How will the district provide support for the student’s mental well-being during remote/virtual instruction?
- How will instruction be delivered for dual credit classes?
- How will students enrolled at College of the Mainland’s Collegiate High School receive instruction?
- How will student progress be reported?
- How can I track my student’s attendance?
- How will classrooms be sanitized between groups, and how will this occur if one groups ends at the same time as the next one begins?
- What happens if my child’s campus or classroom is temporarily closed during the school year?
- If my child can social distance, do they have to wear their mask?
- Why is TCISD making kids under 10 wear a mask when the governor says they don’t have to?
- What if a child tests positive for COVID-19?
- I can't get the district laptop to work. What do I do?
- What is my child's user name and password for the district laptop?
- How do I get my child's lunch number?
- How do I get a Skyward account?