Link to Learning (Virtual School)
Texas City ISD has developed Link to Learning as the TCISD Virtual School for families who choose the virtual learning option for their students beginning Fall 2020. Link to Learning is available for students PreK through 12th grade. Link to Learning classes will be taught by current TCISD teachers and will mirror the quality of instruction occurring within the face-to-face classrooms.
Students in Texas City ISD will have the opportunity to continue remote/virtual instruction starting September 14, 2020.
For a detailed view of TCISD's plan for Link to Learning, please use the link below:
Virtual Learning Survey for Texas City ISD Parents of Current Virtual Students
As we begin to wrap up the current school year, the Texas City ISD administrative team is working to determine how we can best meet the needs of our families when we welcome everyone back in the fall. In order to do that, we need your help.
The Texas Education Agency has not made an official announcement yet regarding any state-required remote learning options for next year. As a district, we are currently planning to open our schools to full in-person learning, five days a week following state health and safety guidelines. We are also evaluating the feasibility of offering a full-year virtual school option for students.
The details for full in-person learning, or full remote learning are not yet known, so we are not able to answer specific questions about programs and services specific to your child at this time. We are conducting this non-binding interest survey to help us better understand what families are currently thinking based on the information we have at this time. We are asking families who were in the Link to Learning virtual program all year to share their thoughts and plans for next school year.
Please complete this survey (ENGLISH / SPANISH) by Wednesday, May 26 to let us know your thoughts for your child for the upcoming school year.
2. If we need to, what is the best email or phone number to contact you regarding your plans/questions?
5. i will have a child in the following grade(s) for the 2021-2022 school year.
6. I had at least one child enrolled in the virtual learning program in TCISD for the majority of the year.
7. If TCISD offered a virtual learning program for the 2021-2022 school year, would you want to enroll your child in that program?
8. What are your main considerations for choosing to continue in the virtual learning program for next school year? You can select more than one answer.
COVID or other physical health factors for my student
Health concern of family member(s) in the home
Social or emotional factors
Family needs, such as child care or work schedules
Curriculum or learning factors
Not applicable because my child will return in-person in the fall
9. If you answered Other on Question 8, please explain.
10. If TCISD does not offer a virtual option for the 2021-2022 school year, what do you think you will do for next school year?
Return to in-person learning in TCISD
Enroll in an online virtual school program not associated with a school district
Transfer to another district that is offering virtual instruction
11. If you have not decided what you want to do for instruction next year (in-person or virtual), what information would help make your decision?
12. Do you have any feedback, comments or suggestions about Link to Learning during the 2020-2021 school year?